Kerrisdale Pharmacy helps to support the health, well-being and healing of our clients and their pets and also of our community. We recognize the connection between our health and our communities and strive to support both.
Kerrisdale gained its name in 1905 when British Columbia Electric Railway manager R.H. Sterling asked Mrs. William McKinnon to name the interurban stop at Wilson Road (today West 41st Avenue). She chose to call it "Kerry's Dale", after the name of her family home, Kerrydale, in Gairloch, Scotland. Kerrydale means "little seat of the fairies". It was quickly altered to Kerrisdale.*
Kerrisdale Village has been a thriving business community since its inception in the early 20th Century. Today it offers a cornucopia of shops, eateries and services that would rival those of any bustling metropolis.
While Kerrisdale has kept up with its tony downtown neighbours, it has not lost its quaint village charm and welcoming spirit that’s as warm as a Norman Rockwell postcard. On a rainy Vancouver day, nothing could be more uplifting than the colourful and elegant banners that grace Kerrisdale’s lamp standards.
In support of our clients and community and their well being we participate in the many local events that are hosted, support our local sports teams, and offer knowledgeable caring service and a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional health care products in a comforting environment.
Click below to see our: