Nutrition is the art of choosing food that nourishes the body. This art is flexible and follows the laws of nature. It requires a positive frame of mind and an active body. Consultations with Barbara will help you develop strategies to realize your vision for wholesome living and vitality.
Barbara Hartmann, M.Sc., R.H.N. offers you comprehensive, expert nutrition services including diet and nutrition counseling. She uses nutritional education to support and empower individuals seeking sustainable and balanced health.
What is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist?
Registered Holistic Nutritionists (R.H.N.’s) are professionals trained in holistic nutrition who educate individuals and groups about the benefits of a sound nutritional program, and healthy lifestyle to encourage the body to build optimum health.
What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic nutrition is the use and preparation of whole, alive, quality foods to provide optimum nutrients in the body. Holistic nutrition considers the whole body – how food is digested, absorbed and assimilated, as well as the relationship between food, emotions and spirit.
A Whole Health Approach
As a health conscious population, we are beginning to understand and accept that what we put into our bodies can not and should not be taken lightly. The choices we make effect almost every aspect of our overall health and well being. Our ability to perform, physically and mentally, to battle illness, to deal with stress, and possibly to prevent disease rely on an adequate or perhaps optimal nutritional intake. Ultimately, the cells in our bodies are built from the raw materials we eat. The more suitable our food choices are to specific requirements, the better cell structures we can build.
Good health starts in the grocery cart!
Clients may obtain guidance in the following areas:
- Healthy Eating
- Family nutrition: Children, Teenagers, Seniors
- Women’s Health: PMS, Menopause, Prenatal Nutrition, Pregnancy or Lactation
- Osteoporosis Management & Prevention
- Men’s Health
- Healthy Eating
- Cholesterol and Blood pressure lowering
- Cholesterol Lowering & Prevention of Early Heart Disease
- Diabetes Management
- Yeast Infection
- Weight Loss
- Weight Gain
- Gastrointestinal Health – Gluten Intolerance, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome/Crohn’s Disease/Ulcerative Colitis, Reflux Disease, Constipation
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Acid/Base Balance
Individual Private Consultation
Initial Consultation 1.5 hours (complimentary)
- Individual Nutritional Assessment/Analysis
- Comprehensive Questionnaire/Evaluation Session
- Interview/Interactive Discussion
- Personal Health Reference Manual Containing:
- Nutritional Health and Healing Protocol Designed For Your Particular Health Needs
- Uniquely Compiled Data for Future Reference and Review
- Personalized Lists of Foods, Nutritional Supplements, Other Natural Health and Healing Information, and Educational Articles
Follow up Consultations 0.5 hour ($30)
- Review initial recommendations, assess changes, and address questions.
- Further integrate specific health needs of individual into their program and provide on-going support.
Disclaimer: Consultations with Barbara Hartmann-Downie do not include diagnosis or medical advice, and are intended to complement treatment by your physician or health care practitioner. Your physician or health care practitioner can and should be advised of any information or recommendations discussed in these sessions. Please continue to seek the medical care of a licensed physician or health care practitioner.